Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dec. 13 - Dec. 17

Below is some of Elder Branham's email from this week:

Well this week was probably the best week I have had since I have been out. I have really been struggling not that I don't love the work and I am glad to be able to serve a mission. Its just been really hard for me to adjust to missionary life. I prayed to Heavenly Father and told him if he didn't help me I was gonna go home cause I just couldn't do it anymore. Then the next day I checked the mail and I had a letter from Emily. To be honest I really don't know what was so special about that letter. But what I do know is that when I read it I started crying and I knew I was where I was supposed to be. The letter made me feel so much better. And after that I worked really hard and I have not stopped. I know that was Heavenly Father answering my prayers. This past week was a really good week. we had 2 reactivation's and set 2 baptismal dates. What sucks though is the baptismal dates are in January well we had to move one from Christmas eve cause the bishop said that was a family day. so needless to say elder Akina will probably be gone by the time they get baptized cause we are pretty sure he is getting transferred at the end of this month and I will be getting someone else. he has been in this area for 4.5 months. Hopefully I will get a good companion like elder Akina. I am really praying that he stays with me for one more transfer just cause we have been working together with these 2 people and it wouldn't be fair for someone else to come in and get the baptism. Sister Hathaway told me you called her. She had us guess what you told her and I guessed it right lol They are a cool family. this past Friday we had a lesson with one of our investigators and he cooked us moose and elk steak. it was really good. moose meet is way better than any game I have ate before. He also gave us a bunch of meat and some elk summer sausage. This past Friday we had our zone conference. We all wore a tie and did tie trading. President Gardner got my tie. lol our assistants to the president dressed up as Santa and his elf. lol we also sang Christmas songs it was alot of fun. But yea that was basically how the week went, really good. well tell every one I say hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment